I can’t say what I do is vintage, fine art or alternative but what I can do is give you photos of your day that make you feel something.
A lot of couples who have booked me have said that they hate having their photo taken, sound familiar? This has always been and is always at the front of anything and everything I do with my photography.
My aim is to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I’ve worked really hard on creating a website with you in mind, one that is straightforward and easy to use, one that has all the information there for you to see and one that is informal and relaxed. My website would be nothing though, without all the photos of couples who have put their trust in me.
All these couples did was trust me and be themselves.
They trusted me to know what works and that:
- I wasn’t going to ask them to do any weird pose;
- When I said, ‘let’s climb over that fence,’ or nip outside for five, even though it was cold, it was for a good reason;
- When they said, ‘let’s climb that tree,’ I was there to help them down.
They were themselves:
- When they stood in their favourite place looking across the pond;
- When the button hole needed sorting because it was looking a bit squashed;
- When ‘urchins’ needed picking out of the dress;
- When they were sitting, taking in what had just happened.
One thing I am most proud of, is giving couples who hate photos of themselves, photos they love.